Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post TLE Progression Submission Reminder

There seems to be some newer guilds and players on the TLE Progression server. So I will remind players here that raid encounters during this era in Everquest II for the content you are playing do not all have achievements for completing the encounter. Each of those mobs have an Asterisk by their names letting you know that these encounters must be submitted manually and then approved by a number of people in your guild whom are registered on the website. So be sure to have reliable individuals that can properly submit encounters completed at the proper time on the proper day. (Your kills can be verified by individual achievements) If you submit wrong kill times other guilds can dispute your submission and it will not be approved. Be sure they are accurate. Be sure your approval group approves kills in a timely fashion. If a submitted kill does not get approved within a certain amount of time, no progression points will be awarded.

Unfortunately, raid encounters up through Sentinels Fate expansion only had the end boss contain an achievement. Manual submissions are the way for now for the content you are playing through.

Take care,

Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Points Not Calculating

The Cartel believes that points are missing and aren't being calculated. would love to chat to see if we are just dumb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longfellow View Post
    The Cartel believes that points are missing and aren't being calculated. would love to chat to see if we are just dumb.
    More specifically, The Cartel is being "outranked" by guilds that killed all kills AFTER us (not same 3 day span) and who do not have as many kills as us. And while this ranking doesn't matter in the grand scheme, it would be helpful to understand if we are doing something incorrectly in our reporting or if there is a way we can rectify this.

(Varsoon TLE, EoF rankings)

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the scoring page and see how the ranks are playing out.

Post Thanks / Like

I did go over it pretty thoroughly, and did again after your reply I will have to do some reading to understand more. And see why pumpkinhead is worth 0 points when it is such a pain to kill

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for responding. I have reviewed the scoring page and zero points have been granted to the three guilds that have killed The Pumpkin Headed Horseman on the Varsoon server (EOF).

The Cartel was the second registered guild to defeat this mob on the Varsoon server with 0 points awarded. According to the scoring page it appears this mob is calculated as Trivial: 40% / Base: 50 / Max Pts: 129 with Current Value @ 281.00

We have followed protocols for reporting/verification and received the green checkmark (assuming this proves verified or server achievement obtained), and still no points awarded for any guild regarding this mob.

Is there another scoring page I've overlooked or is this raid mob simply excluded from point calculations for some reason? Any clarifications you can provide will be helpful for our kill progression moving forward. Thank you again for taking time to review and The Cartel appreciates the work you put in for maintaining EQ2 Raid Progression.

*EDITED
    Disregard this message. After combing through the site I did find out why contested mobs are not calculated toward progression points. To avoid these questions in the future, it might be easier to put a note on the scoring page directly to state points will not be awarded for this kill.
    Last edited by Xlaxx; 05-15-2023 at 01:47 PM.

7. Thanks Praetorian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Contested Mobs have never been worth any progression points because they are random spawns. They are tracked for bragging purposes but if you go through every contested mob ever listed they are always 0.

It is posted. Please view the FAQ bullet point #3 under "Why are some encounters worth 0 points to progression?"

https://progress-tle.eq-raiders.com/faq/

It's been up there for years because for newer raiders, its a common question. But players who have been around know it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Contested Mobs have never been worth any progression points because they are random spawns. They are tracked for bragging purposes but if you go through every contested mob ever listed they are always 0.

It is posted. Please view the FAQ bullet point #3 under "Why are some encounters worth 0 points to progression?"

https://progress-tle.eq-raiders.com/faq/

It's been up there for years because for newer raiders, its a common question. But players who have been around know it well.

Actually, a lot of people stopped using this site because of this Silent City entry, which IS a contested mob, is a completely random result of a contested ring event, and does appear to grant points.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

So, ONE encounter that was added years ago that managed to get mistakenly added to ranked progression that no one has ever brought up to my knowledge (or I whiffed on it) is somehow causing "a lot of people from using the site". Content that rotates on a progression server every couple months and has had 3-4 restarts already. Come on. You can be snarky a little better than that. Encounter has been adjusted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    So, ONE encounter that was added years ago that managed to get mistakenly added to ranked progression that no one has ever brought up to my knowledge (or I whiffed on it) is somehow causing "a lot of people from using the site". Content that rotates on a progression server every couple months and has had 3-4 restarts already. Come on. You can be snarky a little better than that. Encounter has been adjusted.
    For once, I wasn't being snarky. I could take it or leave it, but I still use it. It did cause the top TLE guild to opt out of using the progression site, and another guild to start their own progression thread (twice, because it failed miserably). It's also contributed to other guilds caring less about it, because the top competitor opted out.

Momentum still isn't using it. Partially because of that single contested mob, and partially because they're lazy.

For context, that mob was the deciding factor for who "Won the expansion", and it was a multiple hour grind for pointless loot, to have a chance that the single one of four possible spawns that gave website points would pop. Completely luck based poopsock nonsense. Not just any one encounter.

12. Thanks Praetorian thanked for this post