Grendish
by EQ-Raiders
The Grendish fight takes place on four platforms, as Grendish will teleport to a new platform every 10% of his health. Grendish will not move and he will remain in one static spot on each of the four platforms. The platforms are as follows:

The platform he is sitting on at Spawn, the two platforms up alongside the wall and the platform directly below those two platforms up alongside the wall. If you are curious about placement on the map here is a screenshot.

When you engage Grendish, Aerykns will spawn on the outer edges of each of the platforms and consistently shower you with arrows.

Now, when you engage Grendish three sentinel adds will spawn on each of the platforms that Grendish is not currently occupying. These adds hit very hard so make sure to get them debuffed right away. These adds are only X2 but they can cause problems for an ill-prepared raid force. The trick with these adds is that Grendish is tied to them. You need to kill all three of these adds before Grendish reaches his next 10% of life. So 80%, 70%, 60%..ect..ect.

Placement on each of the platforms is pretty important. Since the bow shooters are stationary they tend to shoot the target which is closest to them (not always but mostly). So you want the tank in each group to be standing a bit out from the rest of the group so the tank is between your group members and the adds. On the platforms up top a good spot for your group to sit is against the wall area near a corner. For the platform where Grendish sits a good spot is off to one side. and the lowest platform would be against one of the walls as well.

If you are successful in killing the three adds before he reaches his next 10% of life he will teleport to another platform and the cycle repeats. This is pretty much all of the fight.

One thing to remember about Grendish besides his normal AOE's is that he has two abilities you MUST interrupt. They are called Freezing Inhale and Freezing Exhale. They have a cast time of about 5 seconds so you must be paying attention for it's casting. If you do not interrupt these abilities, that group will die on that side. So make sure your interrupter's are paying attention.

When Grendish hits 10% life he will always spawn on the lower platform (not his spawning platform). When this happens orbs will spawn on the outside of each of other platforms. Proceed around the edges of each platform and have each group click on this orb. This will grant you a Fay-Fall and your raid can glide down to the final platform in which Grendish is sitting to finish him off.

Grats on the Grendish encounter.
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Demilitch 08-08-2014, 06:42 PM

8/6 kill, so yes, the blood is still fresh.

EQ-Raiders 08-08-2014, 06:00 PM

When I do the encounter again i'll check it to make sure. Did you only recently start to kill Grendish? Its been awhile for me they may have fixed those adds from when I did him.

Demilitch 08-08-2014, 04:11 AM

Not trying to be argumentative, but I know for a fact they repop each time. I kill 1 on my platform between each 10% port and he comes back every time. Never tried killing any on the bottom... might be different down there.

EQ-Raiders 08-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Not sure about that. I have not noticed a respawn for the aerykns. We killed 2 or 3 on the upper platforms and they never repopped unless the encounter reset. It might be timed as well if the dps is a lot slower.

Demilitch 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Grendish and his golems attack in different stances on each platform.

The starting platform in the west is tank stance. He does moderate DPS but has high mit.
The North Platform is scout stance. Moderate mit, HIGH dps. Golem on this platform hits really hard.
The South Platform we figure is a priest stance. He does't heal, but dps and mit seem both just mediocre.
Bottom platform is mage stance. Rooted in place. Low Mitigation, HIGH DPS.

We tank with a Brawler on the west, Zerker in the north, SK in the South, and Paladin on the bottom.

Also there are a couple fail conditions of note. Golems have about 1.5 minutes to be killed or it triggers a raidwide wipe/fail.

Once grendish ports, he has to be engaged and able to melee someone at least once within the first 15 seconds or it also triggers a fail.

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings