Bregedor / Iilatus + Challenge Version
by EQ-Raiders
The deal with this mob is that you can choose to fight only one of these mobs. You will notice when inspecting the mobs they have a buff on them that enhances there damage. What you want to do is remove one of the mobs from the picture.

The encounter has 4 total mobs as a part of it and if you notice above each of the named's location there is a large iron box. We are gonna drop one of these boxes on one of the named. First you need to slip past the encounter by running alongside the near wall to the ramp to your right of the encounter. Travel up the ramp and you will notice that you can climb the crates and boxes up here just like a wall. What you want to do is make your way into the rafter and locate the two levels that control which box drops on whichever mob you choose.

Some information on which mob to choose:

Bitelimb is a physical based encounter. His physical AOE's do hit rather hard for being the first mob in the zone.

Frostbeard is a elemental based encounter. His AOE's seemed to hit quicker but not for quite as much damage.

Both mobs have different loot tables.

You will not have a lockout timer in this zone until you kill this encounter. If you try one mob and you are not having luck killing him, you can zone out and start a fresh new instance to try the other mob.

When you pull the encounter, dispose of the adds right away and turn your attention on the named. Each named has red text that you will need to joust out. EVERYONE including your MT needs to get 25+ meters away from this mob. The AOE that goes off will one shot anyone within range of it.

The hardest part is dealing with that joust while the other trash mobs are still with you in this encounter. After they are dead it is a simple joust and spank.

Good Luck! This mob drops class specific bracers.
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
ashur 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM

I'm wondering if instead of killing one of the names you can have tank both, all ya need is three tanks, and 4th uber dps group. Has anyone tried?

Rattab 02-26-2012, 03:22 AM

this may sound odd but has anyone attempted to kill both giants and only one humanoid before and would they both drop loot or just one?

EQ-Raiders 10-07-2011, 09:11 AM

A brawler dropping raid and pulling a switch and then FD'ing is very easy. Any class with a Evac ability that drops raid can do it so your raid can pull the encounter when ready after it resets.

Xivian 10-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned (9 pages of comments), but a Brigand is very good for pulling the roamer and activating the named via the switches with Safehouse. Don't forget Beg for Mercy on yourself if you're activating the switches so you don't get one-shotted.

Boduar 07-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Um well yeah this last sunday we progressed and got HM tert/kreegar/taaltak down but this week we also lost our shamans. Right now our guild has 0 shamans including alts lol. MT healers are pretty much inquisitor(myself) + warden and have been for progression for a while now. We actually killed bitelimb this time around and found it actually easier since the tank took less dmg from the trauma AoE's. Basically our raid setup is pretty much terrible because we only have right now 1 chanter and 0 shamans. Makes it rather tough and I feel its going to block us when we get to stuff like HM kolskeggar with power drains. For bitelimb this time around since we didnt have to use stoneskins on MT I actually had the warden save some of his for me and rotated my own + antideath on myself I stayed in healing range for the entire fight (stoneskin or antideath + aoe blocker when red text).

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings