By: Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske

The Community Team would like to introduce the February 2012 SOE Gamer of the Month,*Tankenstein from EverQuest.*

In the near future you may also hear answers to questions he submitted for an SOE Podcast!

Where in the real life world do you live (city and state)?*

I currently reside in a small town north of Salt Lake City, Utah, called Clearfield.

What SOE game(s) do you play?*

The original EverQuest (woot) mainly, but have ventured into EQ II once.

How long have you played the above game(s)?*

Started in 2004 but had a few breaks, 1 in 2007 for about 4 months and another year off from April 2008 – April 2009. Other than that it’s been pretty consistent.

What other games do you play?*

I don’t really have any other computer games that I play. I have tried WoW but was very unimpressed, LotRo wasn’t bad, and Warhammer was pretty good actually, but having put so much effort into my toons in Norrath, it was hard to want to walk away.

Why would you like to be the SOE Gamer of the Month?*

I enjoy meeting/helping players in the game but since I only play on 1 server (Rathe/Prexus) I’d like to get to know, and have others get to know me, from other servers. I’d like to spread the word about what a fun and interesting game the original EQ game still can be.

What do you do for a living?*

I work for a small start up company called NPS (Next Payment Solutions) as their VP of sales for the west coast division.

How many hours a week do you play video games?

Depends on the week, but I’d say I average 30 hours+. I do a lot of raiding which, as anyone who raids knows, can take up a good 3-4 hours at a time.

Tell us about your character(s).*

I play my main character, Tankenstein, mostly; he’s a level 95 Warrior. I also have another warrior alt named Aggression that is level 86. Many people think I’m nuts, but I really felt like I hadn’t concentrated on getting my main the right gear when I first started playing him and got him up into the high 60′s and low 70th levels because I hadn’t concentrated on armor class and was all about hit points. So I started another warrior as an experiment and concentrated strictly on AC and was amazed at how much better he was able to take hits and survive fights against much harder foes. I also have a level 72 ranger named Arowfli that I love to play, but I usually solo her when I just want to do my own thing. And I have quite a few lower level toons in their 40′s and 50′s that I occasionally play.

How did you get into gaming?*

A good friend of mine and his wife (character names Jeimz (mage) and Crakarella (enchanter)) got me and my wife into playing. I had so much fun that, even after my wife and his wife quit, we continued to have many adventures in Norrath as each new expansion came out.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing video games?*

I play the drums in 3 local bands in the Salt Lake area and I’m a big golfer.

What do you like the most about your favorite SOE game?*

I really enjoy the challenge of the game. A great example is the Riddle of Steel quest in the new expansion. I’m also raiding with a very high end raiding guild and we have had to figure out a lot of the new raids that are in the newest expansion since most don’t have strats yet. That’s a lot of fun.

What’s the first thing you do when you log into your game? Do you have a routine?
Not really, kind of a fly by the seat of my pants guy. I always say “hi” to guild members and usually ask if anyone needs any help, but other than that it’s get to the nearest zone I can get some experience in and start killin’

Let’s talk favorites… What is your favorite item? What is your favorite zone? What about your favorite NPC? Do you have a favorite in-game memory?

Item (is there one you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons?)

All 3 of my epic weapons. I put them in my house as memorabilia.

Zone

I really enjoy a lot of the zones in the Omens of War expansion such as Dranik’s Scar and Walls of Slaughter. I do a fair amount of playing on my ranger in Dragonscale Hills too.

NPC

Gridbar Galund, an NPC I encountered while attaining my epic 1.5 Champion’s Sword of Eternal Power. He was a crack up with his dialog, hehe.

In-game Memory

Being a part of the raid crew that were the second guild on our server to beat the first Veil of Alaris raid. Was a good feeling to work through that and figure out the strat.

What is the most in-game currency you have ever spent on a single item?*

If I remember correctly I spent 300,000 plat on an item, but it was so long ago I don’t actually recall what it was. More recently, I bribed my friend Jeimz into coming back to the game by buying him a nice staff from the House of Thule expansion, paid 78k for it I remember.

If you could have a superpower or a spell/ability from the game you play, what would it be?*

That’s a tough question, because warriors don’t get many abilities that would be all that useful in real life. I do, however, wish I had the ability to transport myself to different places like my little level 46 wizard. That would sure come in handy for meetings and not having to fly so often.

If there was one thing you could tell the SOE community about yourself, what would it be?*

I think a game like EverQuest is a great way to meet new people. I play with retired people from military and other walks of life, to business men/women, to a young 14 year old boy that I mentor as a warrior and teach him different techniques. It’s a fun and safe way to pass the time. I know entire families that play together as an activity. They love to encourage each other and get so excited when one of the family is about to “ding” or wins some good loot.

Learn how YOU can be the SOE Gamer of the Month by heading over to this*link!

By participating in an SOE Gamer of the Month Challenge, you agree to comply with the SOE Gamer of the Month*Official Rules*and SOE’s*Privacy Policy*and*Terms of Service.

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog