By: Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske

Happy New Year! The Community Team proudly welcomes the January 2012 SOE Gamer of the Month,*Andrew Diamondhorn from Free Realms.

In the near future you may also hear answers to questions he submitted for an SOE Podcast!

Where in the real life world do you live (city and state)?

I live in Davison, Michigan. We’re a small, cold town.

What SOE game(s) do you play?

I mostly play Free Realms, it is by far my favorite game of those I’ve played. I have also played a little bit of Clone Wars Adventures and DCUO.

How long have you played the above game(s)?

I’ve been playing Free Realms since the day it launched, way back in late April of 2009. That’s well over two and a half years ago!

What other games do you play?

I play various computer games, Battle for Middle Earth II, Rainbow Six Vegas II, but quite honestly I mostly play Free Realms. I can’t get away!

Why would you like to be the SOE Gamer of the Month?

I would think that it would be an accomplishment for me, seeing how often I’m on the computer, playing video games. I also think that it would help me connect to a larger community rather than just the fellow players over at Free Realms.

What do you do for a living?

I’m currently still in school, though I’m planning on going into the video game development field and become a graphic artist.

How many hours a week do you play video games?

Oh gosh… let’s see (Sunday… Monday…. Tuesday…..) Roughly 65-70 hours a week. Is that a lot?

Tell us about your character(s).

Well I have two main characters that I usually play in Free Realms, Andrew Diamondhorn and Apl Deap. With Andrew I tend to be building a lot on our Housing server, you may also find me in the Wilds changing a lot of clothes making some random outfits. On Apl, I’m commonly seen doing a number of quests, leveling some jobs, and just hanging out with friends across the Realms.

Andrew Diamondhorn

How did you get into gaming?

I got into gaming way back when I was young. I use to be on an after school basketball team for a while, but shortly found out that I had sports asthma. Trying to find something to do indoors, I found out that I seemed to enjoy the games we had on our Super Nintendo. I can’t say for sure how I got into computer gaming. It was as if I evolved from console, to hand-held, to computer.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing video games?

I’m involved in a lot of music programs as a brass player, from groups like Brass Band, Pep Band, Marching Band (for some reason this doesn’t provoke my asthma), to more local events like Tuba Christmas. I can currently play Tuba, Baritone, Trombone, and a few other instruments.

What do you like the most about your favorite SOE game?

MY favorite SOE game would probably be Free Realms, and I like how it has a more relaxed feel to the game rather than a game that is focused around fighting. I like games that focus on a much larger range of activities. I also love how active the staff is with the players, both in game, on the forums, and through customer service.

What’s the first thing you do when you log into your game? Do you have a routine?

Usually when I log on the first thing I do is go harvest some crops that I planted over the night, after that each day has a different agenda.

Let’s talk favorites… What is your favorite item? What is your favorite zone? What about your favorite NPC? Do you have a favorite in-game memory?

Item: I love to hold onto my older shade of red hightops. Even though these shoes came from a Pixie starter set, I got them before they were locked, and they were my starter shoes. I will cherish them forever.

Zone: I love the Wilds in the game: quiet, peaceful, and usually has the least lag!

NPC: 100% Bruce, he was removed from the game unfortunately, but he was always on the Wugachug stage rocking out the same song all day and all night.

In-game Memory: Oh, a very tough question! Hmm… It would have to be either when they did a return concert of Bruce for a couple of days, using solid items to climb high into the sky with some friends, trying to fit 30 or so people on top of one of the bixie hives, or getting lost in Blackspore for three days trying to find my way out.

What is the most in-game currency you have ever spent on a single item?

I have probably spent at most 500,000 coins for a virtual reward in the TCG, though I’ve spent millions in housing – my current house probably has 4-5 million coins into it!

If you could have a superpower or a spell/ability from the game you play, what would it be?

Carry endless amounts of items everywhere I go. Items ranging from a bag of CDs to a tent bigger than the flowers in Merry Vale!

If there was one thing you could tell the SOE community about yourself, what would it be?

Despite how I may act or how I may talk, I always listen… err, read. Come on a little bit closer and listen to me, I don’t bite (doesn’t mean my pets won’t lick you to death).

Learn how YOU can be the SOE Gamer of the Month by heading over to this link!

By participating in an SOE Gamer of the Month Challenge, you agree to comply with the SOE Gamer of the Month Official Rules and SOE’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog