By: Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske

It’s that time of the month again; time to meet the SOE Gamer of the Month! The SOE Community Team would like to introduce the December SOE Gamer for 2011,*Clancy, in EverQuest II. Get to know her better. Sometime in the near future you may hear questions answered that she submitted in an SOE Podcast.

Question: Where in the real life world do you live (city and state)?

Answer:*Wayne City, Michigan

Question: What SOE game(s) do you play?

Answer:*Everquest II

Question: How long have you played the above game(s)?

Answer:*Oh my, Everquest II since beta and the original Everquest, I played from 2001 until being invited to Everquest II beta.

Question: What other games do you play?

Answer:*Just Everquest II

Question: Why would you like to be the SOE Gamer of the Month?

Answer:*Sounds fun! That and I was flattered that my name got a random pick! Tee hee

Question: What do you do for a living?

Answer: I am currently a full time student working on a double major in Laboratory Sciences and Biology

Question: How many hours a week do you play video games

Answer:*Does some quick calculations… I would say 20-30 hours a week give or take.

Question: Tell us about your character(s).

Answer:*My main character is Clancy, a feisty half-elf bruiser who has a mild obsession with void-holes (those mystical anomalies the common man calls “link-death”). Unfortunately she has found herself more often than not blamed by her fellow guild mates as being the cause of these void-holes. As if she just tossed them down at random or as some have accused, booby-trapped pillows and certain offices of those who are of higher rank than herself. As if!

Question: How did you get into gaming?

Answer:*A good friend of my introduced me to the game and I was hooked!

Question: What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing video games?

Answer:*I have discovered my green thumb and have a mild obsession with exotic plants and bonsais!

Question: What do you like the most about your favorite SOE game?

Answer:*My favorite aspect of Everquest II is the housing. Though I am not nearly as talented as my fellow decorators I am fully and truly hooked to that aspect of the game. I also enjoy the social features and the ability to solo. I have never been able to commit to grouping because I am a bit of a news junky so I am windowing out often to check on updates or dink around on the net. So the fact that I can level out my character on my own is a plus!

Question: What’s the first thing you do when you log into your game? Do you have a routine?

Answer:*Indeed I do and I never considered it before reading this question. First things first I check the broker and cross my fingers that everything sold. If I am in the middle of a decorating project I then skip over to the house and get to work or I bum around Norrath for awhile killing at random.

Question: Let’s talk favorites… What is your favorite item? (Is there one you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons?), What is your favorite zone? What is your favorite NPC? Do you have a favorite in-game memory?

Answer:

Item: My Seafury Buccaneer Charm! I was thrilled when I found it on an LON deck because I could turn off the illusion and the parrot remained on my shoulder!

Zone: My favorite zone of all time is the Frostfell village. *hides face* I just adore that place! Zones for mass slaughter on the other hand, well, I am torn, and would have to say anything found in Kunark. I still visit one place or another over that way on at least a bi-daily basis.

NPC: Scipia Nailbind in North Freeport! That troll just cracks me up! And part of me is hoping that it will one day be possible to hide her under Qho’s bed.

In-game Memory: I remember being a noob back in Everquest before I understood the concept of NPC, shouting across zone at an NPC paladin that kept killing off my human shadow knight in Freeport. The shouts were more or less along the lines of “You jerk!” “I’m just sitting there!” “Please stop killing me!” “I will give you a gold if you stop killing me, it’s all I have”, until someone asked me who I was shouting at, and then informed me that she was an NPC. *laughs* I still tell that story to my mates when they come over to party and we get on a discussion of games.

Question: What is the most in-game currency you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?

Answer:*150 plat… Mind you, I never have more than 300 plat on me at any give time. It gets heavy and I am struck by the need to spend it.

Question: If you could have a superpower or a spell/ability from the game you play, what would it be?

Answer:*Oh! Just a faster reuse on my heal spell. I have that thing maxed out and if it would just pop up a little quicker I would be able to get my mass-mu… Well see, there are these monsters and um… Wait are you offering me a spell/ability? Ooo! One shot kill for triple ups! *places hands in begging position*

Question: If there was one thing you could tell the SOE community about yourself, what would it be?

Answer:*Clancy had nothing… and I mean nothing to do with those void-holes! *kicks a bag under the couch* On another note what would it take to put Scipia Nailbind under Qho’s bed?
You can get the details on how to be the next SOE Gamer of the Month by heading over to this link.

By participating in an SOE Gamer of the Month Challenge, you agree to comply with the SOE Gamer of the Month Official Rules and SOE’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog