Howdy to you from the new Sparkly Princess of Social Media!

By: Donna “Danicia” Prior

My name is Donna “Danicia” Prior and I’ve recently joined the Community Relations Team at SOE. I’ll be managing the Social Media for SOE and you may have already seen me jump into a few threads! Apparently, my initiation into the CM Team involves writing a blog so you can get to know me better. Since they hold the key to the beer cellar, it’s best I do a great job.

(Why yes, I love PAX Prime and I’m totally not on 3 hours of sleep.)

I have been in the games industry for almost 5 years now, all in the MMO space. Before that, I spent 14 years in IT as Customer Service, Tech Support, Facilities, and Team Lead. Before that, I spent 10 years in the Hospitality Industry. Yes, that is a whole lot of years assisting people and giving the best customer service possible.

Whilst I have been working in games only a short time, I’ve been an avid gamer since the 1980s, starting with AD&D 1st Edition. Tabletop gaming is my true love, and I’ve been playing heaps of board/card/dice games. I’ve also recently gotten into playing miniatures wargaming, which is a whole great world of its own.

My first experience with SOE was playing Star Wars Galaxies. I’ve been playing since Beta 3 and continue to play today. I was the very first Player Spotlight in June 2006. I attended Fan Fest 2005 and Developer Summit in Indianapolis, along with meeting up with fellow players at Star Wars Celebration IV.

(My two beloved Gorath characters caught together as one logged in and one logged out.)

I’m sure you’re wondering why SOE has brought onboard someone specifically tasked for Social Media. It’s simple. Your amazing Community Managers will be able to focus on you, the players and fans. I’ll be managing all the SOE Facebook & Twitter pages, plus taking on YouTube channels and more. I will assist in Social Media promotions, event planning, and forwarding issues to the appropriate Community Manager. As I dig more and more into this new role, I’ll be bringing in new ways of being involved in the SOE online communities.

(Yes. I was Tweeting whilst this picture was taken.)

Not only am I passionate about Social Media and Community, but I am a huge fan of conventions & conferences. I’ve been speaking about Games & Community, Steampunk Gaming, MMORPG 101, Women in Gaming, and many other topics. I’ve spoken at small events such as NorWesCon in Seattle, to larger events such as Gen Con Indy, PAX Prime and the Community Manager Conference in Leipzig. I’m very passionate about gaming and about community. I hope you all enjoy what I will bring to the SOE Social Media experience.

Cheers!

Donna
Twitter: Danicia
Blog: Women Game, Too!
Turntable Room: Dani’s Mix

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog