SOE has tons of gamers around the world! Every week we highlight one of them. This week we are pleased to introduce: Danille Impholder from EverQuest.

Where in the real life world do you live?

Rhode Island, USA

What SOE game(s) do you play?

Everquest, Everquest 2

How long have you played the above game(s)?

EQ since April 2002; EQ2 since it launched

What other games do you play?

Penumbra(all), Dragon Age(all), Dungeon Seige(all), Fallout3

What type of work do you do?

I own a business which*helps people manage their careers, be happy in life and make*whole lot of money!

Do you listen to the Official SOE Podcast? What do you like best about it?

Yes. Game updates and inside information about SOE and the games I play.

How many hours a week do you play video games?

over 30, way way too much!* But its very enjoyable!

In the SOE games you play, what kind of character do you play? Race/class/Rank/Faction, etc.

My main in*EQ is a High Elf Magician level 85 with over 5300 AA’s Diety is Mithanel Marr. I*soloed/grouped in the game for 2 years, joined my first guild in 2004*have been in my current guild “Sol Invictus” on bristlebane server for over three years. We are a 3 day raiding guild and we are*working through the Underfoot expansion*endgame.*www.solinvictus.org. *Not bad for a part time guild!

In EQ2 my main is*a Mage/Conjeror 89, good alignment. Soloed for 99% of the game only because I don’t want to get sucked into the game as my time is used for EQ.

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?

Have always liked strategy games on the PC. I walked into a CompUsa store in 2002 and liked the box on the shelf. Little did I know what an MMO was and what*would happen from that one little purchase

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing video games?

Sometimes I go outside and look at that huge yellow light in the sky!** Seriously, I build PCs from scratch and donate three per year. Two are raffled to guild members who are financially challenged and the other usually goes to a veterans group.

What is your highest level character?

85 (EQ) 89 (EQ2)

What do you like the most about your favorite SOE game?

My avatar and the social/teamwork/friendship aspects of the game. The developers are very involved in the community and that is amazing. They are listen to the players desires and work hard to make the game the best it can be. (without letting the nuts run the nuthouse!)

What’s the first thing you do when you log into game? Do you have a routine?

Check to see who is online. Say hi to everyone in guild chat then*ask who needs help. I always toss insults to the gnomes who happen to be online. If I happen to catch one its BBQ time!

How did you choose your main character’s name?

It is a variation of my RL name

What is your favorite zone? What is your favorite location within that zone?

Fungal Forest! It is beautiful, so colorful and full of life. The blue giant ring/camp!

What is your favorite NPC? Why?

Mayong Mistmoore! Why? Because he is so mysterious and always hidden!

What is the most in-game currency you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?

1 million plat for the root earring from CT. The Earring of Living Slime!

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?

My epic 1.0 and 2.5 weapons*If so what is it and why do you keep it?*They took a lot of work and hours of my life to obtain.

Describe your best experience from playing your favorite SOE game?

It is really hard to pick one best experience because I have two playstyles. from a grouping perspective it would have to be “coth” pulling or getting a bunch of magicians together and killing a zillions of*mobs with 6 air pets.* We have a blast!* From a raiding perspective the raids in Crystallos were wonderful We really had a great time in that zone, killing dragons and learning the events. Quite a challenge.

If you could have a superpower or a spell/ability from the game you play, what would it be?

Gate! So when it is time to leave work I can port myself to my bind point and play EQ without having to drive home!

If there was one thing you could tell the SOE Community about yourself, what would it be?

I’m*a gamer who really enjoys everyone’s company and likes to help others with whatever they are working on. Feel free to send me a tell and make sure you try my custom*ui called “AYA”* You can find it on *EQInterface.com.

Enjoy this never before seen wallpaper from EverQuest in Fungal Forest, Danille’s Favorite Location!

[800x600] [1024x768] [1280x1024] [1680x1050] [1920x1080]

———

If you are interested in being the SOE Gamer of the month, look for*instructions here! We want to get to know more SOE Gamers, so send your submission today!

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog