Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Additional Ranking Option Possibly For LIVE Servers.

Someone who claimed to be in Kometa recently came to me regarding the rankings. Very respectfully they made a comment on the ranking system showcasing their guild as the only guild to complete 100% of the content and yet be ranked 6th. They didnt comment about other guilds, but just pointed out the obvious. I thought about it for awhile and have come to the conclusion that there could be at least one more differentiator when it comes to the overall rankings. The site is after all ranking guilds on accomplishments. Is the guild that completes the content non-flawless fastest the top dog or does the guild that completes the hardest content flawlessly deserve some extra recognition? There is something to be said about that.

So, I will be toying with some different ways to add in these completions so they add a little extra to the guilds who complete the challenge of completing everything 100%. Flawless is there for a reason in the game and the top 10-15 guilds should want nothing more than to have options to keep them as highly ranked as possible from their competitors. Its an idea that will have some testing done and may or may not show up in future expansions.

If you have some thoughts on the idea please reply and let me know.

Meanwhile, an overdue Congratulations goes out to KOMETA for being the first guild to 100% complete the expansion raid content!

Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

We had that in the ranking a couple of years ago and I remember it being a giant pain as it really punished certain raid compositions and flawless for some encounters can contain a lot of RNG with who gets certain dets, etc.

It's fine if you want to include it in the scoring - I don't think it will change much as the folks in the top 5-10 are virtually the same In BoL where we tracked flawless for points and the current expac where we didn't.