Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Site is back up for now. Live and TLE processing progression.

So, some of you might be wondering "Hey I thought a new website was coming?" Well, one still might but the previous promise unfortunately has been broken. Its a very long story and Im not going to get into it here on the website. I am still hopeful it will get finished but in the meantime I have managed to patch a few things on this site to at least have it running. A few pieces of the guild pages are broken because of new versions php but MASS upgrades are just beyond my very limited knowledge of programming.

So the site is currently limping along while I try and look for a possible new programming team to create a new version.

It's not a cheap affair and even the smallest version of the site I proposed to some potential people out there was still very expensive for a website that generates ZERO income. I've never put ads on the website and I never will. But, that brings us to the inevitable discussion about how this website keeps running. Well it's 100% out of pocket and with how the website is constantly pulling data from Daybreak Games servers it churns out quite a bit of bandwidth even for being just text. The way the website is currently built, it rebuilds 100% of the database of progression every 20 mins or so. That's a lot of data over the course of a month.

So, I am reaching out to the community and asking for help to improve this website. I have a created a paypal.me link ( https://paypal.me/eqraiders ) for anyone willing to assist in helping pool some funds together and get the website upgraded to something we all deserve. A website with a more modern ranking system, updated appearance, better interface, more features...ect.

I appreciate any one who is able to donate and if you are not able to donate thats ok as well. It's been a hard past year for all of us and going forward I wish everyone in the EQ2 community the very best.

Take Care,
    Praetorian

2. Thanks Myxx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand why make a new site - this one is very convenient and with a nice design.

4. Thanks Myxx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is actually rather broken in the backend. The site was coded almost 10 years ago and with every new update of PHP and new standards, the old coding gets deprecated. Eventually, it will surpass my knowledge of php and it will need a complete rewrite.

Post Thanks / Like

In that case, good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, its especially difficult when you pay someone to do the work already and turns in a half assed product and disappears with half the cash. Which is why the upgrade didnt occur in the first place a few months back.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you fell for such a scammer - I hope you can find a reliable developer!