By Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske

So far in 2013 you’ve met someone from our eCommerce Team, a Software Engineer and an Art Director, for April we thought we would introduce one of the geniuses behind last year’s April fool’s video!

Please meet Dylan Bruce, Multimedia Producer in Marketing’s Creative Media Department (also known as Multimedia) here at SOE! Take a moment to find out what a typical day in the office is like for him, what his favorite SOE game is, and other fun tidbits. As a special bonus, we include a screenshot from his favorite SOE game!

Tell us about yourself! What’s your name and what do you do here at SOE? How long have you been working at SOE?

Hi, my name is Dylan, I am a Multimedia Producer within Marketing’s Creative Media Department. I’ve been an employee of SOE for 5 years.

How did you get into the industry?

I’ve worked in the multimedia and marketing industry for over 10 years. At my previous job, I worked with many different clients ranging from real estate to entertainment. 5 years ago I got the opportunity to work directly with video games at SOE and I thought it was the perfect job, ’cause now I get to be creative with media that I love and love to play.

Tell us what a typical workday is like for you.
First stop, kitchen for a cup of coffee. Need caffeine to get the creative juices flowing. Then most of the day is spent designing motion graphics, playing/capturing game content from various titles, editing, Livestreaming, and various other tasks. Our department is really a jack of all trades, hence the title “multimedia.”

Share your favorite April Fool’s Joke.

One that doesn’t involve a joke being played on me.

Which SOE Game is your favorite? Can you share other things you like about the game?

Planetside2. I love first person shooters, and Planetside2 has great immersive gameplay that I enjoy very much. I’m more of a console/casual gamer.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?

Sherlock Holmes.

Money isn’t an object; tell us the ultimate vacation get away for you.

Scotland. My ancestry is deep in Scotland. I would love to go sit in a castle, drink scotch, play golf and swim with Nessy.

Do you have a hobby or a favorite pastime?

Playing golf.

Do you have a favorite movie?* What’s the last one you saw?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Just saw Looper. I enjoyed it very much.

What do you do to unwind after a busy day?

Drink beer.

Enjoy this screenshot from PlanetSide 2, Dylan’s favorite SOE Game!*

We hope you enjoyed meeting Dylan and will join us next month for another SOE Employee Spotlight!

Employee Spotlight Archives

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog