By Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske

Happy Thanksgiving!* This year we are thankful that we have more SOE Employees to meet! We want you to get to know folks in Platform, Human Resources, Development, Legal, Quality Assurance, Office Operations, Customer Service, Administration and Marketing, just to name a few.

Each month the Community Team will highlight one of SOE’s many diverse employees. Please meet Brandi Mora, Customer Support Representative on the Technical Support Team*at SOE! Take a moment to find out about what a typical day in the office is like for her, what her favorite SOE game is, and other fun tidbits. As a special bonus, we include a screenshot from her favorite SOE game!

Tell us about yourself! What’s your name and what do you do here at SOE? How long have you been working at SOE?

My name is Brandi, I work in Tech Support, and I have been at SOE for a little over a year now.

How did you get into the industry?

*I got into the industry with the help of my husband. He also works at SOE, an he heard about an opening in Tech Support. Knowing I had a strong customer service background, he encouraged me to apply to for the position.

Tell us what a typical workday is like for you.

A typical day for me is answering phone calls and email tickets for customers with billing issues.

SOE Live was just last month, what was your favorite part?

My favorite part of SOE Live was meeting our players and seeing them get the opportunity to interact with Dev Teams. Our players are amazing people and make this job very interesting.

Let’s talk favorites… What is your favorite SOE game title? What is your favorite thing about that game?

My favorite SOE game title is EverQuest II. This is my favorite because I have played since launch and have adopted a new family in game. It is a blessing to be able to meet so many people from such diverse backgrounds. I am also a little biased because my husband is a one of the developers for the game.

If you could take an ability from in the game and have it in real life what would it be and why?

There are so many abilities that I like from the game it is hard to choose just one, but if forced I would choose to be able to fly. I hate driving; I have terrible road rage. If I could just avoid all the other drivers by flying, my mornings and afternoons would be much happier.

If you could go on vacation and money wasn’t an object what would you do?

I would rent several villas on the beach in the Seychelles and bring my family and friends there for a month, just to get away from all the stress of day to day life

Vampires or Zombies, and why?

Vampires. They have been around longer and have cooler stories. I also prefer vampires because they still have their intellect and living for such a long time would be a very educational experience.

Do you have a hobby? What’s the last book you read? Last movie you saw? What do you do to unwind after a busy day?

I like to sew and cook. I am currently reading “A Dance with Dragons”. The last movie I saw in theaters was The Dark Knight, and rental was Snow White and the Huntsman. After a long day I like to come home and spend time with my family, cook dinner and then play EverQuest II with my husband.

Enjoy this screenshot of Brandi’s EverQuest II character, EQII is her favorite SOE Game!

We hope you enjoyed meeting Brandi and will join us next month for another SOE Employee Spotlight!

Employee Spotlight Archives

Author:
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog