By Donna “Danicia” Prior

The Community Team recently ran a sweepstakes to give away 10 passes to E3. The program was called “E3 Platinum Gamer”; we managed to spend some time with one of the winners, Colton “ColeX” Lacks! Below are their Q&As for your enjoyment!

*What was your thought behind entering the Platinum Gamer E3 pass giveaway? Did you think you’d have a chance of winning?

Colton: I entered the contest expecting to lose. I never win anything. But I’ve always dreamed of going to E3 and so when I saw the infinitesimally slim chance, I took it. And I won. And I ended up having the best week of my entire life!!!

What was the most exciting thing about visiting E3?

Colton: The most exciting thing about E3? Other than just being there?! Just getting out. I’ve never really been outside my home state of North Carolina, so I seized the chance to stretch my wings and make my dreams cone true.

What were your favorite games you saw/played?

Colton: My favorite games I played? Pikmin 3, just cause I looooove Pikmin. So glad Nintendo is continuing the franchise. The new Nintendo World was really fun, too. Great family enjoyment. But what really stood out was Planetside 2. It BLEW my mind. Which brings me to the next question….

What was your favorite game in the SOE booth?

Colton: While I love Everquest 2, Planetside 2 took the cake. By a long shot. Planetside 2 offers massive battles on gigantic maps, with customization like I have never seen in a shooter. The entire game was flawless! The graphics were absolutely breathtaking, and the controls were so intuitive that I just jumped in and felt like I had been playing it all my life!

What was your key takeaway about entering the contest & attending E3?

Colton: What I really took away from E3 is to follow your dreams. I got to meet my heroes, Yogscast and Totalbiscuit, and of course you, Danicia. I got to fly on a plane for the first time. I got to interview a lead designer of Epic Mickey 2! I only hope I can find a job in the video game industry and earn a ticket to E3 for next year! (It is my life’s goal to become a video game designer.) It really was the best week of my entire life.

Author: Uncategorized
Visit This Blog Page...
Visit StationBlog